Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Wait Expectantly

Yet again She Reads Truth is rocking my world! It's easy for me to pray for things, but it's hard for me to expect that God is going to respond. I know God answers prayers, don't miss that. However, it's difficult for me to wait expectantly.

Psalm 5:1-3 "O LORD, hear me as I pray; pay attention to my groaning. Listen to my cry for help, my King and my God, for I pray to no one but you. Listen to my voice in the morning, LORD. Each morning I bring my requests to you and wait expectantly."

Sometimes A lot of times I pray about things that I really am not sure of the outcome-- me going back to work is one. It was one of those "God, I think I would like to work. But, I don't want to leave Paxton with someone just anyone." It was one of those I have no idea what I want to be doing right now prayers. 

Then I get a phone call. OFFERING ME A JOB. Josh will be at home with Paxton on his days off and my Granny keeps Paxton when he works.

So it's weird how God works. Obviously. God has done some crazy things for Josh and I over the last year. Having a child was one of those moments where we waited expectantly. But if I'm honest, I don't wait expectantly on a regular basis. 

So what has God been revealing to me? He answers prayers! He shows up big time. He works through us. He's crazy about us and wants the best for us because he hears our hearts. 

What have you waited expectantly for and God has showed up?

4 comments:

  1. Hi there! :) Dropping in from #SheShares and now following. You know somthing crazy? This is exactly what my #SheShares was about last Friday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How cool is that!! I love how God works like that! That is what is so great about reading together everyday! Thank for stopping by! I'm coming your way right now :)

      Delete
  2. I can honestly say that I struggle with this, too! Thanks for sharing this on SheReadsTruth today! :)

    Danielle
    http://healingtheheaviness.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Lady! Totally feel you in this one! A lot of times I pray because I trust God but then crazy that I don't trust for Him to answer. Something is really wrong with our thinking. hehehe. Good thing He reminds us through His word.

    Dropping by from #SheShares! (I'm entry No. 5)
    Love and Hugs to you from the Philippines!!!

    Hannah

    ReplyDelete