Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Hot and Sour Soup

I love dinner parties. Especially at my house. Even more, I really love people who love creative food. Let me tell you, I made some creative tofu soup. 
So here it is.
First, get your ingredients. 
Chicken Stock (64 oz)
Ginger (root or powder)
Scallions (you pick the amount)
Tofu-extra firm (1 cup or more cut in cubes)
Tomato (Roma work best...you pick how much)
Mushrooms (I love mushrooms!)
Corn (Sweet it good!)
Hot sauce (you pick how spicy)
Balsamic Vinegar (you pick how sour)
Salt and Pepper to taste
Place chicken stock in pan and heat. Add Scallions and ginger. Boil for a few minutes.

While that is boiling, thinly slice scallions in the vertical direction into long strips and place in cold water. Watch for magic! They Curl!

Back to the hot soup. Remove the scallions and ginger 
(if used root). 

Get your veggies out!
Add tofu, mushrooms, corn, hot sauce, and vinegar. Then boil. Add salt and pepper to taste. I'd say let it simmer for it about 25 minutes so the tofu can soak up all the flavor!

Get your funky table setting ready.
Garnish with those curly scallions!
You can also cook Ramen noodles and eat them on the side. Or, do what we did! Dip the noodles in the soup! 

There you go! A creative, easy, and fast way to make some soup!

1 comment: