Sunday, November 14, 2010

Some advice from David...

This morning, coffee in hand, I began to read out of Psalms. I struggle with sitting still before the Lord and letting Him speak to me. I tend to get caught up with the chaos of life and then another day is gone before I know it. Then God's Word hit me like "BAM"!

"I don't consider myself with matters too great or awesome for me. But I have stilled and quieted myself, just as a small child is quiet with its mother. Yes, like a small child is my soul within me. O Israel, put your hope in the Lord-now and always." Psalm 131:1b-3

I have gotten away from sitting in the presence of the Lord and just listening. Quite frankly, I am the one who does all the talking in His presence-how it needs to change! I know I am missing out on great plans God has in my life because I have such a hard time just waiting for God. Big things are happening in the world around me; God may want me to be a part of it. But, how will I ever know until I sit and listen. This is going to take a lot of hard work because I am a person who like to be busy.  I encourage you to come on this journey with me! So I keep reading, and it gets better.

"He vowed to the Mighty One of Israel, 'I will not go home; I will not let myself rest. I will not let my eyes sleep not close my eyelids in slumber until I find a place to build a house for the Lord, a Sanctuary for the Mighty One of Israel.' " Psalm 132:3-5

David was so dedicated to what God wanted him to do that he vowed he would not put his physical condition before God. What a sacrifice David was making. God had given him a job and David took it so seriously that he vowed not to rest until he accomplished his job. Sometimes I feel like I am unable to carry out the things that God wants me to do because the task ahead seems so large. Then I look at David,  a man who won't rest until he accomplishes the task God put before him, and I realize God would not ask me to do something that I could not do and I should seek after that task or plan until God allows me to accomplish it. My question to you is, "What is God asking you to do?"

1 comment:

  1. I love David and his heart for God. I pray that God will let me have a heart like David's heart was. I'm not sure what God is asking me to do or where He wants me to go right now in my life. However, I'm continuing to trust in Him and I know that He will lead me when the time is right.

    ReplyDelete